Background

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Edition by Banana Republic


I went to wine country with my girls last week. There's a ton to blog about but the first blog-worthy subject is Edition by Banana Republic. It was our last day in Santa Rosa, and we had a full day before heading to the airport. So how do 10 women decide to spend their day...Shopping! First we went to the outlet malls in Petaluma Village which was particularly fruitful given our low expectations, then headed to downtown SF. One of my friends pointed me to Edition, Banana Republic's only accessories store. 40% of the items are only available at the store.
When asked why he launched the store, the president of Banana Republic noted, "There’s a lot of high-end jewelry that’s not really accessible. There was a big opportunity in the market to fill that white space and offer accessible and affordable accessory." I couldn't agree more Mr. President. I still thought the prices were a tad high (the best things hoovered in the $80-$100+ price range) but I loved the concept. The pieces were just edgy enough to be shop-worthy. If you are ever in SF, check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment