Background

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Do it Yourself Designing!


Good news!! I just found my Chicago apartment. The building is AMAZING. There's a fire pit next to the pool and hot tub, which is to the right of the poolside cabanas. Yep, that's right, not just lounge chairs...CABANAS. Inside, there's home theater that fits 22, as well as regular pilates and yoga classes that take place whenever there's not a game going on in the indoor basketball court. Wow, we are not in NYC anymore!

I knew this moment was approaching, and needed some inspiration for the new place. I am really excited about painting the walls (which I've never done before) and giving the place some personality, but needed inspiration. So, my friends and I went to Made by Me in Cambridge for a little pottery painting. My friends made everything from a precious business card holder for the new business she's starting, to a ruffly blue bowl with yellow stars (a la le petit prince) to boxes adorned with paisley and fleur de lys designs. I made a mirror frame (see above-I glued the mirror in after it was glazed). Apparently I am into gray's, lavenders, and purples, so I think this color palate will begin to inspire my living room! Not only is painting really relaxing (even if you have limited artistic ability, like myself) but you get to make each piece completely your own. It's a loud, noisy world out there, and sometimes you need to take a moment to find your inner color voice-so go forth and find a pottery painting place near you!

The next few days will be all about my color choices for my new place. Stay posted, I'll need your help deciding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment