Background

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cheap Design Tricks: What is Blik and More!

Cheap Wallpaper Trick: I have really been struggling with my bathroom. Given all the non-fun things you have to do in a bathroom and the fact that you don't spend much time in there anyways, I like my bathrooms fun and a little adventurous. You know those restaurants where the bathroom is so randomly unexpected and amazing that you come back to the table and tell all your friends about it? Well that's the effect I am looking for. I wanted to do a really fun wallpaper but it looks complicated so another cheaper option might be What is Blik decals. I love the fact that they're easy to apply but they don't look like some kid stuck stickers on the wall. I like these Iron Vine ones on the left and they have everything from a Mario Brothers scene to airplanes and flowers, to Keith Herring art and polka dots:)
A living room for under $1500: Remember how I asked my friend Claire (who was recently recognized as an influential design blogger by Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles Magazine) to make a great living room for me with my gray, purple, and gold inspiration?! Well this is what she designed! I can get this whole look for under $1500! So excited she made that happen:) My favorite piece is that gold lamp, and the reading nook is so thoughtful!! She told me the most cost effective way to change the look of my home is through wall art, curtains, pillows, rugs and lighting. No need to buy all new stuff, just build off the basics!

No comments:

Post a Comment